When you click on a page, scroll past this week's featured photo to view.

WELCOME!

This site is dedicated to sharing what we have learned with you! Enjoy our tutorials, and if you have a question please feel free to ask! I know one of our sugar enthusiasts will either know or try to find the answer.
We all have something to share...and we all have something to learn!


___________________________________________________________



Nothing says Irish like Beautiful Lace

Nothing says Irish like Beautiful Lace
Click on photo for Earlene Moore's tutorial for beautiful fondant lace and have fun with your next cake!


.............................................................................................................................

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
.............................................................................................................................



Monday, April 12, 2010

Gumpaste Blossoms by Jennifer Dontz

This Week's tutorial is on one of my very favorite cake toys, the blossom cutter / veines set. I LUV LUV this set! I think everyone should have it, so if you do not, you might want to put it on your wish list. I make out of fondant These Because first and foremost, I Always think of taste with my cakes. Sure you Can Make them out of Gump, But fondant is more palatable.




Here's a link to the set on Our Site: Sugar Delites


1. I roll my paste to # 2 on the Kitchen Aid pasta attachment. (Luv That BTW, if You Do not have one, get one! I had a manual for years and this Allows an extra hand in the kitchen :-) Cut out the blossom shape using the cutter in the set. We Also sell September 5 petal blossom Which makes for really cute little apple blossoms and cherry blossoms as well. That tiny little pinches in September has in it, Which Gives them a really cute edging.
blossom1resz.jpg
2. Place the paste Vein Between the 2 piece, matching up the notches on the sides of the veiners. Press Gently, You Really Do Not Have to put much pressure at all. If You are not getting your subtle lines in the paste, press a bit harder. If you are cutting the paste, you are pressing too hard.
blossom2resz.jpg
3. Then I open up the veines and with quick flicks of my fingers, Loos Each petal. If You Have Problems with sticking, just dust the paste a bit better. Then I pop the small kiss Into These formers. This little shapes in September Former them beautifully. http://jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=for006
blossom3resz.jpg
To finish, add a little dust or petal Simply airbrush them .... Adding to piped or dragee dot in the center. They are so cute and so easy to make! Here's a couple cakes I did using the blossoms: (On the cake Below, I Used petal dusts to add the pink color) See what I mean HAVING about "stock" flowers. You can do them in white color and add whatever you Need to the centers at the time. A real time saver When you are busy.

And, They last for months stored in boxes.

Below on the cake, I airbrushed the flowers. I Also Used frill cutters to do the chocolate lace around the top and the baby bootie booties in September for the sugar. If You Have Any Questions, you know I'm here to try and help.
I make them up ahead and keep them in little bowls .... I call them "stock" flowers. I can dust them or airbrush Any Color When needed.
baby pkgood.jpg

Tutorial and Photography by Jennifer Sugar Delites Dontz-2010-all rights reserved
This tutorial Was Used with permission by Jen Dontz.
This material may not be republished or reproduced in any manner without the expressed permission of the author.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog! From Hege in Norway (www.kakedesign.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't thank you enough for passing along all of your tutorials and advice. I've been the "family baker" for the past 15 years mostly self taught. The last 5 years have been wonderful for class availabilty and of course the wonderful internet. I can't tell you how happy i was to find you.
    Thank you.
    MMQC

    ReplyDelete

We really appreciate your comments and always look forward to hearing from you!

However we do not like spam, derogatory comments, or foul language. We would appreciate it if your would refrain from doing so or your comment will be deleted.

Search This Blog

The Tutorials This Week Were Generously Shared by

RHONDA CHRISTENSEN, EARLENE MOORE, BOBBIE NOTO, EDNA DE LA CRUZ & TONI BRANCATISANO

And to ALL of our Readers...

Above all, have fun and keep baking!

Think CHOCOLATE!

A Very Sweet Tutorial by Bobbie Noto

A Very Sweet Tutorial by Bobbie Noto
I was instantly in love when Bobbie Noto shared this cookie with SugarTeachers! She is an amazing talent. For instructions on how to create this adorable cookie, click on the photo and don't forget to subscribe to Bobbie's website!

Pillow Cake Tutorial by Toni Brancatisano

Pillow Cake Tutorial by Toni Brancatisano
How beautiful! A great tutorial shared byToni Brancatisano. Click on photo to see the tutorial!

Pistachio-Cardamom Cake

Pistachio-Cardamom Cake
Click on link for Edna De La Cruz's dee-lish cake recipe.

Related Posts with Thumbnails